Sunday, February 15, 2015

Week 7 Feb 8-14

This week was friendship week so the girls paid 2 SAR a day to be able to dress up--my nerds:)

Ryan got another playdate this week with his friend, Finn.  We played basketball and soccer.  I realized we don't play very many sports with Ryan yet.  He had a great time.  We played for 2 hours outside at the two different parks.  

The girls sporting their new PJ's for pajama day.


Ryan and I took a shopping bus to the souks one day and walked and walked.  So proud of him.  We found these coasters.  We had heard that there was a store with maybe some Christmas things so we asked and he told us he had to buy a high price to bring these in.  This is hand made with wool.  Tree skirts.

Megan put this note on my bed on Monday--how could I resist a date with my daughter?:)



Addison's teacher gave her this flower for "friendship day".  She was taking pictures with my phone.

Friday we got to share some of things we've learned in life about things that are important to us prayer, study, faith...even Megan got to share today to with her friends.  Dave and I got to help with some kids that were Ryan's age.  They got to sing songs--and one of them was so funny I have to share:  We were driving and singing a song we used to sing "once there was a snowman" but then I tried to make a new version about sand...it kinda worked.   Well then a couple hours later when we were playing with the kids--they taught us the version they sing over here.  It goes like this:

Once there was a sandman, sandman, sandman.
Once there was a sandman tall, tall, tall
In the shamal he blew away, blew away, blew away:)
In the shamal he blew away small small small!
After our fun party we came home and put together a gift we got at Christmas.  Isn't it awesome?

On Saturday our kids surprised us with this in the kitchen in the morning!  We are so lucky.

Our new neighbors from Malaysia  had a campout the night before and the kids spent hours playing together.

 Then we played "hot-cold" to find little gifts we had for them.  While I know we should show our love everyday, I do like the fact we take a day each year to really focus on LOVING one another!
 I saw this really cute idea with pb m& m's which Dave happens to like so it took me two stores but I found some--fall time:)harvest ones...so not red, white and pink---but they still say "I love you"
Then late into our evening Jordan (mostly) and mom got to see some others that we love---if only those yw knew how much I love and miss them terribly!! It was such a treasure to see some of them....and ok, the boys too:)

No comments:

Post a Comment